The Ayyappa Temple, Rohini is situated in Pocket F-26, Sector-7, Rohini, Delhi. The foundation stone of the temple was laid on 9th March 1997 by Brahmashree Thazhamon Madam Kantaru Rajeevaru Thanthri, the Thanthri of Sabarimalai Temple. On the basis of the astrological consultations under the guidance of the Temple Astrologer, Shri Edavalam Narayanan Nampoothiri, it was decided to install the idol of Lord Ayyappa in Dhyana Mudra along with the idols of Lord Ganesh and Malikappurathamma (Durga). The Panchaloha Vigraha of Lord Ayyappa and the idols of Lord Ganesh and Malikappurathamma in Granite were cast by Shri Chengannore Sadasivan Achari, the noted Temple Sculptor. The design of the Sanctum Sanctorum was done by temple architect Shri Kanippayoor Krishnan Nampoothiri.
The installation and consecration of the three idols was performed on 16th April, 1999 between 1200 - 1330 hrs by Brahmashree Thazhamon Madam Kantaru Rajeevaru Thanthri assisted by S\Shri Nedumudi Eswaran Nampoothiri, C.S. Bhattathiri, Perumbavoor Vasudevan Nampoothiri, Kurichi Sreekant and the then priest of the temple, Late Neelakantan Nampoothiri. The newly consecrated temple was reopened for the public from 19th April, 1999. Daily pujas are being conducted in the temple since then.
The idols of Navagraha were consecrated during the first annual festival celebrated from 1st April to 6th April 2000. A Laksharchana was conducted for the first time in the temple on November 11, 2001 under the auspices of Brahmashree Thazhamon Madam Kantaru Rajeevaru Thanthri. An auditorium was also inaugurated in the temple premises on the same day.